https://i0.wp.com/materialsmodelling.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Blog-Featured-4.jpg?fit=1000%2C800&ssl=1 800 1000 Gerhard Goldbeck /wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Goldbeck-Consulting.png Gerhard Goldbeck2017-01-27 18:23:522021-05-04 16:19:55The scientific software industry
We have published a report which was prepared thanks to support by Durham University. It provides an overview of the scientific software industry, with a particular emphasis on materials modelling and discussed the following topics:
- The structure of the software industry.
- Requirements for software development: in-house and through collaboration.
- Routes to market for scientific software, e.g. via software houses or direct licensing into specific industries.
- Commercialisation requirements: standards, IP ownership, licensing schemes.
- Warranty and liability issues.