Goldbeck Consulting is pleased to organise a session at the the EU Industry Days, 5/6 February 2019, the flagship EU event on industrial policy. The conference will include various sessions organised by different Commission departments and industrial stakeholders. High profile industry speakers will attend the event with the purpose of influencing and inspiring future industry leaders, and prompting discussion and debate amongst different audience categories.
The session on Digital Materials will take place on 6 February and discuss a range of questions including
- How to increase European manufacturing and process industry capacity to extract knowledge from data?
- How to support leadership by digital transformation of data into knowledge?
- What actions are proposed for a common semantic knowledge base in materials?
- How can efforts to build ontologies in various domains of materials and manufacturing be combined for best effect?
- How to achieve that manufacturing companies remain competitive (new products, high-added value) on the basis of knowledge extracted from wide-spanning data sets?
- How to promote European benefits from data management, standardised documentation enabling interoperability and linking tools for enriching and enhancing the usability of data?
The session will feature contributions from a range of experts including:
- Martin Winter, Innovation Manager, Cefic Innovation, Advisory Group & Digital Technologies, European Chemical Industry Council.
- Riikka Virkkunen, VTT Digitalising Industries Manager, EFFRA board member.
- Ulrike Sattler, Professor of Computer Science, University of Manchester.
- Tim Dahmen, Team Leader, German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence, Co-author of https://www. dgm.de/medien/print-medien/strategiepapier-digitale-transformation/
- Hedi Karray, INP Toulouse, Industrial Ontologies Foundry
Registration for the conference is free.