To celebrate 10 years of Goldbeck Consulting, we are pleased to launch our new look website (with many thanks to Karen Arnott!). It has been an amazing journey together with many clients and collaborators: universities and tech transfer organisations, small and large software companies, market intelligence organisations, publishers, small and large materials and pharmaceuticals companies from around the world. We are grateful for the opportunities and proud to have supported a more integrated and impactful materials modelling ecosystem, contributing to
- a widely recognised and utilised impact qualification and quantification
- a maturity model for materials modelling adoption by industry
- delineation and exploration of materials modelling vs engineering/CAE software market and its business models.
- establishing the European Materials Modelling Council as a not-for-profit association
- a more integrated and standardised conceptualisation of materials modelling resulting in a CEN Workshop Agreement
- the creation of the EMMO ontology as a basis for semantic data management and digitalisation
Over the last ten years, advances in hardware, physics and data-based models, software and workflow integration have meant that industrial use is no longer a question of ‘why’ but of ‘how’ materials modelling can be used to best effect, increasing R&D efficiency and effectiveness. We look forward to the next ten years of connecting science to engineering and academia to industry, from quantum computing to digital twins.