Home » Posts tagged 'Industry'
Tag Archives: Industry
Goldbeck Consulting is pleased to organise a session at the the EU Industry Days, 5/6 February 2019, the flagship EU event on industrial policy. The conference will include various sessions organised by different Commission departments and industrial stakeholders. High profile industry speakers will attend the event with the purpose of influencing and inspiring future industry leaders, and prompting discussion and debate amongst different audience categories.
The session on Digital Materials will take place on 6 February and discuss a range of questions including
- How to increase European manufacturing and process industry capacity to extract knowledge from data?
- How to support leadership by digital transformation of data into knowledge?
- What actions are proposed for a common semantic knowledge base in materials?
- How can efforts to build ontologies in various domains of materials and manufacturing be combined for best effect?
- How to achieve that manufacturing companies remain competitive (new products, high-added value) on the basis of knowledge extracted from wide-spanning data sets?
- How to promote European benefits from data management, standardised documentation enabling interoperability and linking tools for enriching and enhancing the usability of data?
The session will feature contributions from a range of experts including:
- Martin Winter, Innovation Manager, Cefic Innovation, Advisory Group & Digital Technologies, European Chemical Industry Council.
- Riikka Virkkunen, VTT Digitalising Industries Manager, EFFRA board member.
- Ulrike Sattler, Professor of Computer Science, University of Manchester.
- Tim Dahmen, Team Leader, German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence, Co-author of https://www. dgm.de/medien/print-medien/strategiepapier-digitale-transformation/
- Hedi Karray, INP Toulouse, Industrial Ontologies Foundry
Registration for the conference is free.
In recognition of the importance of materials modelling for industrial innovation and the strength of Europe, a new Horizon 2020 project has been funded to augment and further boost the actions of the European Materials Modelling Council (EMMC). The new European Materials Modelling Council Coordination and Support Action (EMMC-CSA) includes 15 partners and is coordinated by TU Wien.
Goldbeck Consulting is part of the EMMC management team and leads Work Package 2 on Interoperability and Integration of materials modelling.
For further information, see the EMMC-CSA Press Release.
Industry Case Studies: combining discrete and continuum modelling to address industrial R&D challenges
Materials modelling is used today by a range of industries to improve efficiency and achieve breakthroughs in the development of new and improved materials and processes. A set of four case studies has been developed by the European Materials Modelling Council which demonstrate how industrial R&D problems have been addressed by the integration of different types of materials models and what technical and technological benefits and business impacts were achieved as a result.
The case studies cover a diverse set of applications and industries, including chemical processing (Covestro), discovery of new functional materials (IMRA Europe), additive manufacturing of engine parts (MTU Aero Engines) and magnetic hard drive materials (Seagate):
- Identification of Solvents for Extractive Distillation
- Discovery of new thermoelectric materials
- Simulation of additive manufacturing of metallic components
- Integrated Recording Model for Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording (HAMR)
The case studies were compiled with the support of the EC Industrial Technologies Programme.